Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Library

The thing about Law School is that you spend an inordinate amount of time in the library. For some, this is because they wish to study. For me though, some of it has to do with living off campus for the first time in my college career. Where else am I going to go?

When you go to the library on a regular basis, you start to get a particular study spot. Today, I have been thwarted because the spot I normally sit has been overrun.

So, I was forced to expand my horizons and it sucks. I am a creature of habit. Most people talk about how they want to "shake things up" and "do something new." Not me. I like what I do. That's the major reason that I do it. Now, obviously moving in the library isn't a big deal. Still though, it's representative of how much of a creature of habit I am.

Speaking of creatures of habit, there is this one old dude that is in the same spot in the library EVERY single day. I'm trying to figure out what he's doing here. He's there until at least 5 every day and usually later. He's there all day as far as I can tell. There hasn't been a day yet or a time of day during the week when I've not seen him in there. This isn't a matter of us just having the same times off. No, even on days when I have a class cancelled and I'm in the library at a much different time than normal, he's there.

Who is he? What does he do? These are all mysteries that I may never solve. One day, I want to get in here at like 8 am and just sit in that chair all day. I want to see what he does.

No comments: