Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Insurance!



Leaving home for the first time is a real pain. On top of moving all of my stuff to UVA, I've now got to pick up insurance, both medical and renter's, for the first time.

Medical is completely insane. I just have this scary idea that none of the stuff I may have need done will be covered. It's also a problem comparing prices because I live out of state and I'm not sure that the price the agent quoted me accurately represents what I should/would pay living in VA. It's also a problem trying to decide whether the UVA insurance would just be easier, given that it inherently works with all the medical facilities at UVA, of which there are great ones.

Renter's Insurance is also a pain. No, I don't know where the closest fire station is. I don't live there. I've been there once. I also did not ask them questions about the structure's construction since I'm renting it and I'm pretty sure it won't fall down in the year that I am doing so. If they used cheap materials that they'll have to replace soon, that ain't my problem.

No comments: